Values and Aims
"There is a strong and positive ethos in the school"
"All pupils feel valued and equality of opportunity is clearly within the culture of the school"
"Staff promote pupils' spiritual, moral, social ad cultural development strongly. This ensures that their care, behaviour and welfare develop to good levels"
"Pupils have a good understanding of different religions, cultures and British values"
OFSTED June 2016
We pride ourselves on our friendly, caring environment in which all children feel secure both physically and emotionally and where they can take responsibility for themselves as confident, independent yet co-operative learners.
We are a school that:
- Values its Church of England foundation, where all are spiritually nurtured
- Embraces the diverse nature of our community, recognising and providing for the individual needs of all children and their families
- Promotes and sustains mutual respect and positive relationships
- Provides a rich and varied curriculum which motivates and challenges children to fulfil their potential, while fostering resilience, life-long learning and an ability to respond to a changing world
- Ensures children understand how to progress and achieve goals in a learning environment where they can take risks, learn from their mistakes and know all their successes will be celebrated
- Encourages and supports children to make educated choices regarding their safety, well-being and lifestyle, helping them make a positive contribution to society, both locally and beyond
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with parents/ carers and the wider community
Our School Acrostic
Please also see our school prayer.