St Francis CE Primary School Song
Please listen to our school song on the link below. It was written by the pupils and staff at St Francis CE Primary School and has a strong anti-bullying message throughout.
Anti-bullying is high on our priority here at St Francis CE Primary School.
At St Francis CE Primary School we are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our pupils so they can learn in a relaxed and secure atmosphere. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable at our school and our anti-bullying policy refers to all members of our school community (pupils, staff, parents/ carers and governors). If bullying does occur, all pupils/ adults should be able to tell and know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively. We are a TELLING school. This means that anyone who knows that bullying is happening is expected to tell the staff.
We aim to:
- Work together with all members of the school community to raise awareness and ensure that all children and adults within school have a shared understanding of what bullying is and how to prevent it
- Minimise all forms of bullying
- Equip children with strategies to deal with bullying (whichever role they may play in bullying situations)
- Communicate clearly to children and parents the school’s response to bullying
- Continually work to provide and maintain a safe environment for our children, where they feel secure, confident and happy
Each year we take part in Anti-Bullying week. Anti-Bullying Week shines a spotlight on bullying and encourages all children, teachers and parents to take action against bullying throughout the year.
This year the theme is UNITED AGAINST BULLYING. The children all watched an assembly linked to this on Monday morning and we will be continuing work on this through the week.
Safer Internet Day - Tuesday 9th February 2021
This year we celebrated Safer Internet Day while the majority of children were learning remotely. Children's learning for the day was based around this and we ensure to regularly visit how to be safe online and also how to be a positive member of an online community.
A fantastic website to help give you guidance about how to keep your child safe online is Net Aware
EYFS and KS1 Assembly