School CouncilA warm welcome to St Francis C.E. Primary School Council. As a team we look forward to helping to make the school a better place. ~ School Council Chair
Who’s in the School Council?
Omer (Falcons Year 6)
Yousif (Ravens Year 5)
Shannon (Falcons Year 6)
Red Kite Representative
What is our school council for?
- Representing pupils
- Sharing what classes have said and putting ideas into action
- Raising money for charity and playing a positive role in the community
- Informing other pupils and getting them involved
How is our school council chosen?
- If people want to be considered for the council they need to say so first
- We choose a representative from each class and two from each Year 5 and 6 group
- The whole class votes secretly for their council members.
How does our school council work?
- Our council has a meeting at least every two weeks.
- The chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurer of the school council are chosen from the year 6 school council members each year
- The chair runs the meeting but if the chair is absent the vice-chair takes on those duties
- The secretary takes notes of the meeting
- The treasurer tells the council how much money they have to spend
Our Current Projects
- Lunchtime provision - making lunchtimes safe and happy!
- Ensuring that school is litter free and we are doing our part for the environment!