Please visit our COVID-19 page for more information about school procedures and risk assessments.
Remote learning - Helpful Information and Links
St Francis aims to continue to provide an ambitious and broad curriculum in all subjects.
We have extensive plans for the provision of remote education where needed and to ensure that the small number of children that need to be educated at home, for example, due to shielding or self-isolation, are given the support they need to continue learning.
Remote education, where needed, is of a high quality and aligns as closely as possible with in-school provision.
Please email your child's class teacher if you need support to log in to Google Classroom (KS1 and KS2) to access your child's learning in the event of a bubble closure. Letters and emails have been sent out regarding this.
Tapestry will be used for our Reception classes which parents and carers already have access to.
If your child is self-isolating at any point they will be provided with a two-week pack of learning that can be returned to the class teacher after their isolation ends.
Class email addresses:
Reception - Robins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Reception - Goldfinches - email@example.com
Year 1/2 - Magpies - firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 2 - Red Kites - email@example.com
Year 3 - Puffins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 3/4 - Owls - email@example.com
Year 4/5 - Kingfishers - firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 5/6 - Ravens - email@example.com
Year 6 - Falcons - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Museums, galleries and zoos WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME!
- Google Arts and Culture partnered with over 2,500 museums and galleries around the world to offer virtual tours of their spaces. Some of the options include New York's Museum of Modern Art and Amsterdam's Van Gogh Museum : https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en
- The Louvre, based in Paris, is also offering its own virtual tour online for free: https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Edinburgh Zoo has live webcams to see various animals: https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams/panda-cam/
- The San Diego Zoo has a live webcam for animals: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- Melbourne Zoo also has live webcams: https://www.zoo.org.au/animal-house
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover- https://accessmars.withgoogle.com/
- The British Museum- located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies: https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/
Useful Websites full of free resources
Below are some useful links which are offering free resources throughout this time. These may support with helping with your child's learning and are full of resources you can use both now and in the future.
The Great Indoors
The Scouts have put together a fantastic free resource full of fun activities you can complete indoors or safely at this time.
Times Table Rockstars
Each child has their own account. Please contact your child's class teacher if you need their username and password.
There are some great stories on here
Oliver Jeffers, one of Miss McDermott's favourite authors, has been uploading stories onto his website that children and parents can enjoy for free! He has lots of fantastic picture books that are enjoyable for both children and adults!
National Geographic for Kids
Lots of interesting facts and fun things to research on anything Georgraphical!